A facilitator can be defined as an individual whose job is to help manage a process of information exchange. Clinical research team members’ roles include facilitation; yet few clinical research professionals have ever received training on this critical skill set.
Facilitation has systemic impacts on the success of projects that depend on efficient information exchange. A Sponsor/CRO and/or Research Site team member’s success as a facilitator can greatly impact the success of a clinical trial, from patient recruitment to final report submission processes. This course defines facilitation specifically within a clinical research setting with a focus on successful clinical trials, including compliance and performance improvement. The presentation is in a workshop format, providing application of facilitation tools presented.
- Describe the role of facilitation in clinical research
- Define facilitation: an essential soft skill for managing clinical research today
- Implement facilitation core practices
- Apply facilitation techniques in clinical trials for different stakeholder needs: research sites, sponsors/CROs
- Design project communication to support effective facilitation
- Develop research team members’ skills for facilitation
- Sponsor/CRO Team Leaders
- Research Site Team Leaders
- CRA Managers
- Research Site Managers
- Project Managers
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Jackie Stader, C.O.T., C.C.R.C.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Current State of Affairs Between Clinical Research Stakeholders: Key problem issues in the industry will be discussed relating to the current approach’s successes and failures; a collection of success factors will be assessed for common themes; effective facilitation will be noted as one of the key leadership qualities of those successes and missing in many of the failures
- Facilitation: Definition of core terms and concepts; applying definitions to industry positive and negative examples
- Facilitation Core Practices: Facilitation core practices will be applied to specific issues in clinical trials for different stakeholders; examples include recruitment, compliance, etc. Interactive exercises allow participants to identify effective and ineffective practices in facilitation
- Core Practice Application: In Facilitation core practices applied to specific issues in clinical trials for different stakeholder; recruitment, compliance, and more. Interactive exercises applied so that the participants work to identify effective and ineffective practices in facilitation
- Facilitation Practice Tools: Many of the dozens of tools to support effective facilitation will be presented and applied in break-out sessions; ranking the value of the tools in certain settings will be accomplished
- Designing Project Communication to Support Effective Facilitation: Cross stakeholder application of core practices and tools within current best practices, including pre-study to termination activities
- Developing Research Team Members’ Skills for Facilitation: The multiple tools supplied in the course will be applied throughout for different roles in both sponsor, and site teams
- Current Facilitator Level Self-Assessment
- Force Field Analysis
- Facilitator Core Practices Observation Sheet
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar cancellation policy
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 7 hours (0.7 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE# 0778-0000-12-089-L01-P. Released: 11/12.
Hold this course at your company!
For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.