A facilitator can be defined as an individual whose job is to help manage a process of information exchange. Clinical research team members’ roles include facilitation, but many are not trained in this skill set, even though it is one that is considered not inherent.
Facilitation has systemic impacts on the success of projects that depend on efficient information exchange. A Sponsor/CRO and/or Research Site team member’s success as a facilitator can greatly impact the success of a clinical trial, from patient recruitment to final report submission processes. This course defines facilitation specifically within a clinical research setting with a focus on successful clinical trials, including compliance performance improvement. The presentation is in a workshop format, providing application of facilitation tools presented.
Describe the role of facilitation in clinical research
Define facilitation: an essential soft skill for managing clinical research today
Implement facilitation core practices
Apply facilitation techniques in clinical trials for different stakeholder needs: research sites, sponsors/CROs
Design project communication to support effective facilitation
Develop research team members’ skills for facilitation
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Karen Gilbert, B.S., C.C.R.A.
Jackie Stader, C.O.T., C.C.R.C.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Current State of Affairs Between Clinical Research Stakeholders: Key problem issues in the industry will be discussed relating to the current approach’s successes and failures; a collection of success factors will be assessed for common themes; effective facilitation will be noted as one of the key leadership qualities of those successes and missing in many of the failures
- Facilitation: Definition of core terms and concepts; applying definitions to industry positive and negative examples
- Developing Research Team Members’ Skills for Facilitation
- Facilitation Core Practices: Each core practice will be presented and practiced with the attendees; combinations of practices will also be presented; industry case scenarios will be presented to emphasize the impact of strong and weak facilitation practices on projects
- Core Practice Application: In Facilitation core practices applied to specific issues in clinical trials for different stakeholder; recruitment, compliance, and more. Interactive exercises applied so that the participants work to identify effective and ineffective practices in facilitation
- Facilitation Practice Tools: Many of the dozens of tools to support effective facilitation will be presented and applied in break-out sessions; ranking the value of the tools in certain settings will be accomplished
- Designing Project Communication to Support Effective Facilitation: Cross stakeholder application of core practices and tools within current best practices, including pre-study to termination activities
- Developing Research Team Members’ Skills for Facilitation: The multiple tools supplied in the course will be applied throughout for different roles in the teams, sponsors and sites
- Current Facilitator Level Self-Assessment
- Force Field Analysis
- Facilitator Core Practices Observation Sheet
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Elizabeth Andrews at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar cancellation policy
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 7 hours (0.7 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE# 0778-0000-12-089-L01-P. Released: 11/12.
Hold this course at your company!
For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.