The focus of this course is to strengthen the skills required of the CRA Manager to effectively manage,motivate, and optimize the performance of CRA teams. In this course, you will sharpen your people skills and develop an understanding of the key components of successful team and performance management. This course is a must for new and aspiring managers. Several document templates will be provided for you to customize and use during your daily activities as a Manager. Examples and interactive exercises will pertain specifically to managing Clinical Research
- Describe a CRA management philosophy based on competencies, performance objectives and metrics;
- Practice effective communication skills;
- Identify motivational needs of CRA employees;
- Feel more comfortable giving both praise and constructive criticism to staff;
- Develop strategies for “Win-Win” conflict resolution;
- Analyze performance problems;
- Understand the goals and limitations of performance appraisals;
- Understand the principles of effective delegation;
- Develop a more engaged team which contributes to quality performance;
- Gain insight into managing clinical research projects more effectively.
- Managers, Clinical Project Coordinators, or newly promoted Project Team Leaders who are responsible for managing clinical personnel
- Experienced CRAs who are becoming involved, or hope to become involved, in managing projects and/or people
- Technically-Trained Staff with little or no management experience
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Linda Carter, R.N., B.S.N.
Gary B. Freeman, M.S., C.C.R.A.
Beth D. Harper, B.S., M.B.A.
Elizabeth Ronk Nelson, M.P.H.
Lily Romero, P.A., C.C.R.C.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction: Defining the role of the CRA manager
- Establishing Competencies, Setting Objectives, and Metrics
- Interviewing CRA Candidates
- Communication and Listening Skills
- Conflict Resolution
Day 2: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Feedback, Praise and Coaching
- Analyzing Performance Problems
- Constructive Criticism and Counseling
- Performance Appraisals
- Effective Delegation
- Team Building and Project Management Overview
- Developing a CRA Performance Model Based on Performance Competencies
- Developing Interviewing Questions and Choosing Candidates
- Active Listening
- Analyzing Motivational Needs
- Case Study: Win: Win Conflict Resolution Discussion
- Conflict Management Style Survey
- Case Studies in
- Giving Feedback
- Analyzing Performance Problems
- Constructive Criticism
- Performance Criticism
- Performance Counseling
- Conducting a Performance Appraisal
- Delegation: A Self-test
- Delegation Personal Action Plan
- A Good Team Leader checklist
- Teambuilding Personal Action Plan
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar cancellation policy
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE# 0778-0000-13-040-L01-P. Released: 9/13.
Hold this course at your company!
For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.