The focus of this workshop is to strengthen the skills required of the CRA Manager to effectively manage, motivate and optimize the performance of CRA teams. In this course, you will sharpen your people skills and develop an understanding of the key components of successful project and performance management. This course is a must for new and aspiring managers.
- Practice the basics of writing clear, fair objectives
- Identify competency models, including metrics, to establish performance expectations
- Define motivational methods for employees
- Practice strategies for “Win-Win” conflict resolution
- Discuss the goals and limitations of performance reviews
- Examine how to remove barriers to effective delegation
- Identify the elements of a high performing team
- Review the development of contingency plans for projects
- Managers, Clinical Project Coordinators, or newly promoted Project Team Leaders who are responsible for managing clinical personnel
- Experienced CRAs who are becoming involved, or hope to become involved, in managing projects and/or people
- Technically-Trained Staff with little or no management experience
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Gary B. Freeman, M.S., C.C.R.A.
Karen Gilbert, B.S., C.C.R.A.
Beth D. Harper, B.S., M.B.A.
Elizabeth Ronk Nelson, M.P.H.
Lily Romero, P.A., C.C.R.C.
Sandra “SAM” Sather, R.N., C.C.R.A., C.C.R.C.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction: Defining the role of the CRA manager
- Establishing Competencies, Setting Objectives, and Metrics: Establishing a model for performance expectations; the process of establishing competencies; writing a “good” performance objective
- Interviewing CRA Candidates: Candidate selection: the process; developing a “blueprint” for each job description
- Listening Skills: Behaviors leading to effective communication; verbal/nonverbal communication
- Effective Feedback: Criteria for useful feedback; “I” messages; providing praise; constructive criticism
- Motivation: Motivational theory; how power factors into motivation; rewards, discipline/punishment; motivational techniques
Day 2: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Coaching and Counseling: When you should coach versus counsel; coaching/counseling methods; unfreezing a difficult situation
- Conflict Resolution: Characteristics of conflict; conditions for constructive resolutions of conflict; initiating a “Win-Win” confrontation
- Analyzing Performance Problems: Steps for analysis; cause factors; managing difficult employees; progressive discipline
- Performance Appraisals: Steps for performance appraisal delivery; performance appraisal tips
- Delegation: Benefits to delegation; effective delegation steps
- Project Management Overview and Team Building: Rationale for planning project; the project plan; contingency planning; project/team communication skills; elements of teamwork
- Management Tips
- Developing a Performance Model Based on Performance Competencies
- Active Listening
- Effective Feedback
- Analyzing Motivation
- Identifying Conflict
- Conflict Management Style Survey
- Problem Solving
- Delegation: A Self-test
- Several document templates will be provided for you to customize and use during your daily activities as a Manager
- Examples and interactive exercises will pertain specifically to managing Clinical Research Associates (CRAs)
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Elizabeth Andrews at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar cancellation policy
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE# 0778-0000-10-009-L01-P. Released: 10/10.
Hold this course at your company!
For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.