The stimulus package brought with it the HITECH Rule, February 2009, effective February 17, 2010, that resulted in some changes to concepts and definitions within the Privacy and Security Rules impacting covered entities’ responsibilities. The impact of noncompliance has increased a great deal, and the impact of noncompliance has intensified. Come learn the expanded definitions of covered entity, business associate, unauthorized disclosures, penalties, and more. We will also discuss corrective action planning, and preparing for the increased amount of CE inspections, both routine and complaint driven.
- Apply the latest regulatory changes and notices impacting to the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rules specific to medical practices
- Examine covered entities compliance and the need to prepare for inspections from OCR
- Develop and respond to a gap analysis of current systems for compliance
- Implement best practices that do not contradict with FDA and other regulatory authorities outside of research
- Examine the Enforcement Rule updates and implications
- Privacy Officers
- Site Managers
- CRCs/Research Nurses
- Project Managers
- CRA Mangers
Sandra "SAM" Sather, MS, BSN, CCRA, CCRC
Click here for complete trainer biographies
1.5 hours; 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. Eastern
March 4, 2011
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.