Researchers who conduct clinical research have questioned how the Privacy Rule affects their research activities. The impact of non-compliance has increased and intensified a great deal. In this web seminar you will learn about the expanded definitions of covered entity, business associate, unauthorized disclosures, penalties, and more. We will also discuss data privacy challenges, and how to share relevant data while protecting personally identifiable information from misuse on a global level in clinical trials.
- Present HIPAA concepts and terminology specific to conducting clinical trials
- Review the history of HIPAA and the impact on clinical research
- Describe covered entities’ roles and responsibilities
- Discuss the types of data that require protection
- Review the legislation that applies
- Examine the differences in data privacy expectations in global clinical trials and consider how this impacts the industry
- Project Managers
- Site Managers
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Research Nurses
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- Clinical Research Associates
- Clinical Research Associate Managers
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call 1-800-856-2556 for pricing.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 2 hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-12-078-L01-P. Released: 8/12.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471