This web seminar will cover the fundamentals of signal detection, and how signal detection can be augmented by the use of data mining techniques. The requirement for companies to perform signal detection is now mandatory in Europe and highly recommended in the U.S. Many simple techniques can be applied to the generation and review of potential signals, which can also be augmented by the application of sophisticated data mining algorithms.
- Explain the basic concepts and principles of signal detection
- Outline how to apply these data mining techniques
- Employ data mining techniques to analyze large volumes of Adverse Event report
- Perform analysis and visualization of potential signals
- Define required data sources and formats for analysis
- Develop data mining algorithms and apply them to risk assessment
- Pharmacovigilance Professionals
- Pharmacoepidemiology Professionals
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call 1-800-856-2556 for pricing.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 1.5 hours (0.15 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-12-084-L01-P. Released: 11/12.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.