Teams have become much more complex in the past 10 years. In the past, a team would be comprised of similar individuals in the same location driving on a fairly stable course towards its objectives. These tenets are no longer true. Trends are driving the need for more flexible, highly skilled teams. This leads to the following challenges:
- Not enough time to build a stable team that has an established record of working well together
- Persons of various backgrounds, skills, and experience need to quickly achieve a goal
- Members work in various locations and oftentimes, global locations
- Membership constantly changes
- Targets shift
- Project duration varies
This web seminar presents real-world practical tips for leaders of complex teams. The course will present learners with the concept of team development. By understanding the stages of team development, we as leaders can identify those tasks which are most critical to team alignment and collaboration in order to ultimately achieve successful outcomes.
- Define a team
- Explain Tuckman’s four stages of team development
- Define alignment and collaboration
- Provide 10 practical tips a team leader can implement to move her/his team from chaos to performing
- Describe five best practices for leading virtual teams
- Personnel in the position of leading complex (i.e., highly specialized, diverse, virtual, globally dispersed) teams who need to ensure their teams are aligned and collaborating in a way that helps them achieve the team’s goals
This course will be taught by one of the following instructors:
Nikki Christison, B.S., C.C.R.A.
Holly J. DeIaco-Smith, M.S.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call 1-800-856-2556 for pricing.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 2 hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-13-055-L01-P. Released: 9/13.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.