While some medical devices may be approved with little or no clinical data, for others, manufacturers need to demonstrate – with safety and effectiveness data in the target population – that the product is safe for human use. The European Union (EU) provides an attractive marketplace for medical device distribution. Development of requirements harmonized across the 27 member states should make the approval process in each country straightforward – but is it? This web seminar works through the requirements for medical devices and the steps to obtain entry into the marketplace. The way in which medical devices are regulated in the EU and how very different from the way they are regulated in the United States will be discussed.
- Describe the various types of medical device clinical trials
- Review how clinical trial design impacts the marketing of a medical device
- Examine the regulatory requirements associated with medical device clinical trials
- Explain why time-to-market approval timelines can differ so extensively
- Examine the clinical data requirements for market approval in the two systems
- Compare regulatory differences
- Project Managers
- Clinical Research Associates
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call 1-800-856-2556 for pricing.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 2 hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-12-077-L01-P. Released: 8/12.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.