To avoid improper billing and double-billing which can result in serious penalties, a careful Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA) review is necessary as part of the Research Billing Compliance process. Determining the eligibility of a clinical study’s related tests, procedures, or interventions for Medicare coverage requires a detailed review of the clinical events specified in the protocol to determine which can be reimbursed by Medicare. This process, called Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA), can be complex and cumbersome. This web seminar provides tips and guides to staying on track and compliant with government regulations, while also ensuring providers are appropriately reimbursed for these services.
- Describe common Medicare billing errors
- Develop a standard procedure for identifying care involved in the protocol
- Differentiate between the national and local coverage determination
- Clinical Research Associates
- Senior Clinical Research Associates
- Clinical Research Administrators
- Managers of Investigative Sites
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Finance Analysts
- Research Site Managers
- Project Managers
- Those involved with Research Compliance and/or billing at Academic Medical Centers
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call 1-800-856-2556 for pricing.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 1.5 hours (0.15 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-13-025-L01-P. Released: 2/13.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.