This web seminar will provide attendees with a general overview of oncology clinical trials and their distinct characteristics. We will review how oncology clinical trials differ from those in other therapeutic areas, with a special emphasis on the unique challenges of monitoring oncology clinical trials. Distinctions will be drawn between early and later phase trials. Attention will be paid to Adverse Event (AE) and Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reporting. All aspects of oncology clinical trials and how to successfully monitor them will also be discussed.
- Identify the differences between monitoring oncology early phase clinical trials vs. later phase clinical trials
- Identify ways in which oncology clinical trials differ from those in other therapeutic areas
- Describe the complexities of AE and SAE monitoring in oncology clinical trials
- Utilize Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) grading and apply CTCAE to AE source data
- Address common challenges in monitoring and apply tools and techniques to overcome them
Lily Romero, P.A., C.C.R.C.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 for pricing.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 2 hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-14-027-L01-P. Released: 2/14.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.