RECIST stands for Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors. The National Cancer Institute is the best resource for information, and defines RECIST criteria as “a voluntary, international standard, and not an NCI standard. They are based on a simplification of former methods (WHO, ECOG) and based on measurable disease, i.e., the presence of at least one measurable lesion.” RECIST criteria provide a way to standardize measurement of solid tumors worldwide for any clinical trials that include this data to define study endpoints.
RECIST defines and standardizes how and when subjects are seen to progress, respond or remain stable in terms of their metastatic disease burden during a course of therapy. When these criteria are not well understood at the site level or consistently followed during a trial, it can put the study endpoint data in jeopardy.
- Differentiate between RECIST 1.0 and 1.1
- Describe the components of RECIST/tumor data
- Correctly calculate TRG disease response
- Identify and predict common trends with tumor data
- Use working knowledge of common trends to help develop Case Report Forms for oncology trials
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Clinical Research Associates
- Clinical Team Managers
- Primary Investigators who are interested in participating in oncology clinical trials, but who do not specialize in oncology or radiology
Jackie Earabino, R.N., B.S.N.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call 1-800-856-2556 for pricing.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 2 hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-11-030-L01-P. Released: 3/11.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.