Barnett International's Core Curriculum courses are comprehensive role-based clinical research training programs designed to provide industry professionals with hands-on training in a dynamic virtual setting. Held four times a year during our “Clinical Research Training Weeks,” courses offer clinical research-focused, performance-based training and core competency development.
Clinical Project Management: Fundamentals of Project Management
This course offering will take place live via WebEx from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Eastern each day. Participants will receive an email confirmation that includes the seminar link to enter the meeting room as well as the audio connection information.
This introductory project management course covers concepts from the Project Management Institute, PMBOK® 6th and 7th editions, and how they specifically apply to clinical research. The course is designed for newly hired clinical project managers, clinical project managers without formal project management training, or those exploring the clinical project management role. Principles of clinical project management are covered, including project stakeholder and team engagement, project planning, scope and budget management, risk identification, risk management, and schedule management in the lifecycle of a clinical trial. Case studies and learner discussions are utilized throughout the modules to reinforce concepts covered during this two-day interactive, hands-on program.
- Describe project management as it applies to clinical research
- Explore stakeholder and team engagement in project lifecycle management
- Define scope management and tools utilized by project managers, including the work breakdown structure, process mapping, and schedule management
- Identify how project managers work with the clinical operations team and stakeholders in risk identification, risk planning, and risk management
- Define effective vendor management and sponsor oversight in clinical trial projects
Who Should Attend
- Clinical Project Managers and Clinical Trial Managers from pharmaceutical, medical device, or CRO industry with less than two years working in their role
- Experienced Clinical Projects Managers without formal clinical project management training
- Newly Hired Clinical or Project Team Leaders who will be managing projects (either at the sponsor, CRO, or investigational site)
- Clinical Research Associates, Data Managers, or other members interested in transitioning into the Clinical Project Management role or Clinical Trial Management
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Marla Hoelle, R.N., B.S.N., C.C.R.A., ACRP-PM., P.M.P.
Shelley Marti, M.S.N., P.M.P.
Nazma M. Rosado, MAOL, P.M.P., CPLP, 6σ, CMQ/OE
- Module 1: Introduction to Clinical Project Management: Overview of project management as defined by PMI®; roles and responsibilities of the clinical project manager; establishment of project teams
- Module 2: Project Planning: Scope identification, planning, and schedule planning
- Module 3: Effective Schedule Management: Defining project scope; creation of a project schedule; identify critical path; effectively project scope changes and impact to project schedule
- Module 4: Budget Planning: Introduction to budget estimates, development of a project budget, and budget tracking
- Module 5: Project Risk and Quality Management: Introduction to ICH GCP E6 (R3) and ICH E8 (R1) (risk identification, risk planning, risk register, and critical to quality)
- Module 6: Vendor Management: Vendor selection process, sponsor oversight and success factors
- Case Study Discussion: Identification of project stakeholders and team development
- Case Study: Scope identification, project and schedule planning
- Case Study: Risk identification, risk planning and risk management
- Case Study: Vendor management and effective methods utilized in clinical projects
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Please contact Barnett Customer Service at +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 for more information. Or email Customer Service at: email@example.com.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-21-001-L04-P. Released: 3/21.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.