Purchase the recording of a web seminar you have attended in the past and SAVE 50%! Contact Barnett Customer Service for details: +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. at 800.856.2556.
Web Seminar Archives are available in either USB Flash Drive or DVD Format.
Archives are also available in SCORM format for LMS integration. Please contact Barnett at (215) 413-2471 for more details and pricing on SCORM files.
Bulk Archive access is available via Barnett’s Training Subscription. Click here to learn more.
Archive: Introduction to Statistics for Non-Statisticians
This web seminar is intended for clinical research professionals who have little or no background in statistics. In it, we will cover the basic statistical concepts needed to understand the roles statistics play in health research. The topics addressed include types of variables, levels of measurement, descriptive statistics, precision, confidence intervals, and an introduction to hypothesis testing. This web seminar is beneficial to all clinical research professionals involved in the design, monitoring, interpretation, and reporting of clinical trials. Emphasis will be placed on understanding statistical information and not on calculations or statistical formulae.
- Recognize and interpret descriptive statistics
- Summarize continuous data with appropriate descriptive statistics
- Interpret confidence intervals, and explain how they are calculated
- Interpret P-values, and explain the concepts behind hypothesis testing (using Student’s t-test as an example)
- Employ statistical terms used in clinical research
- Identify approaches to be comfortable communicating with statisticians
Who Should Attend
- Monitors who assist in designing and evaluating studies
- Clinical Research Associates who communicate with statisticians
- Clinical Project Leaders who design and evaluate studies
- Regulatory Professionals who utilize statistical concepts in their reports
- Medical Writers who must interpret statistical reports
Stella Stergiopoulos, M.S., M.P.H.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.