Clinical Trial Start-Up: Using a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for Effective Planning
A Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) defines the work, tasks, assignments, and timelines for work to be completed. This web seminar identifies how WBS aids team members involved in study start-up from the sponsor/CRO and investigative site to address clinical trial start-up challenges once an investigative site has been selected. Recommendations on how sponsors/ CROs and investigative sites work collectively to improve turnaround times in clinical trial start-up are addressed, including IRB/IEC approval, clinical trial agreements, and how site initiation visits are mapped out using a WBS. Case studies, schematics, handouts, and tools will be provided.
- Identify three benefits of a communication plan during clinical trial start-up
- Examine a WBS in clinical trial start-up
- Identify situations where a WBS would have a positive impact on clinical trial start-up planning
Who Should Attend
- Clinical Project Managers
- Clinical Trial Managers
- Clinical Research Associates
- Clinical Trial Assistants
- Other team members from Sponsor/CROs who are responsible for clinical trial start-up activities with investigative sites
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Clinical Research Team Leaders/Managers
- Other team members at the investigative site who are responsible for clinical trial start-up activities
Marla Hoelle, BSN, RN, CCRA, ACRP-PM, PMP
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 for pricing.
Note: Due to COVID-19, we understand that most teams cannot currently dial-in together. As such, we are able to offer additional logins at a highly reduced rate. Please contact Barnett Customer Service at +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 to register with your additional participants requiring login credentials. Or email Customer Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 3 hours (0.3 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-21-012-L04-P. Released: 1/21.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.