Introduction to Statistics for Non-Statisticians
This web seminar is intended for clinical research professionals who have little or no background in statistics. In it, we will cover the basic statistical concepts needed to understand the roles statistics play in health research. The topics addressed include types of variables, levels of measurement, descriptive statistics, precision, confidence intervals, and an introduction to hypothesis testing. This web seminar is beneficial to all clinical research professionals involved in the design, monitoring, interpretation, and reporting of clinical trials. Emphasis will be placed on understanding statistical information and not on calculations or statistical formulae.
- Recognize and interpret descriptive statistics
- Summarize continuous data with appropriate descriptive statistics
- Interpret confidence intervals, and explain how they are calculated
- Interpret P-values, and explain the concepts behind hypothesis testing (using Student’s t-test as an example)
- Employ statistical terms used in clinical research
- Identify approaches to be comfortable communicating with statisticians
Who Should Attend
- Monitors who assist in designing and evaluating studies
- Clinical Research Associates who communicate with statisticians
- Clinical Project Leaders who design and evaluate studies
- Regulatory Professionals who utilize statistical concepts in their reports
- Medical Writers who must interpret statistical reports
Stella Stergiopoulos, M.S., M.P.H.
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 for pricing.
Note: Due to COVID-19, we understand that most teams cannot currently dial-in together. As such, we are able to offer additional logins at a highly reduced rate. Please contact Barnett Customer Service at +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 to register with your additional participants requiring login credentials. Or email Customer Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 3 hours (0.3 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-20-041-L01-P. Released: 3/20.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.