Investigator Initiated Trials: Roles and Responsibilities
Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs), also referred to as Sponsor-Investigator (SI) Trials are increasing in popularity. A Sponsor-Investigator is anyone who functions as the Clinical Investigator (CI) of a given study and who also holds the investigational marketing application, i.e., the IND or IDE. How does the CI ensure compliance to both the investigator and sponsor responsibilities? This web seminar will present the responsibilities, discuss risk, and provide suggestions for compliance.
- Define an Investigator Initiated Trial (IIT)
- Review the applicable federal regulations for IITs, including sponsor and investigator responsibilities
- Review the steps involved in initiating an IIT with a sponsor and review regulatory reporting requirements
- Identify essential documentation (Trial Master File) for the Sponsor-Investigator using the DIA TMF Reference Model to remain audit ready
- Identify approaches to minimize risks associated with IITs by avoiding common pitfalls – learn from existing FDA Warning Letters of deficiencies
Who Should Attend
- Investigators/Site Study Team Members
- Sponsor Study Team Members
- Ethics Committee Members
Elizabeth Ronk Nelson, M.P.H.
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 for pricing.
Note: Due to COVID-19, we understand that most teams cannot currently dial-in together. As such, we are able to offer additional logins at a highly reduced rate. Please contact Barnett Customer Service at +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 to register with your additional participants requiring login credentials. Or email Customer Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 2 hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-19-043-L01-P. Released: 8/19.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.