Technology Innovation and Intellectual Property (IP) in the Biomedical Industry
This web seminar covers how companies use intellectual property (IP) to protect their investments in knowledge assets, including the healthcare sector and biotech industry. Participants will develop a basic understanding of economic and legal aspects of intellectual property systems such as patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets and their applications, as they have become important business tools throughout the knowledge-based economy. Participants will also gain insights into the effective use of IP in licensing and partnership strategies..
- Develop a basic understanding of economic and legal aspects of intellectual property systems
- Gain insights into the fundamentals of patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets
- Understand how IP systems drive competition and strategy in technology-intense fields
- Develop an understanding of what IP assets are and how they work
- Examine the use of IP in licensing and partnership strategies
Who Should Attend
- Life Sciences Professionals
- Research and Development Specialists
- Director of Business Strategy
- Project Managers
- Pre-Clinical and Clinical Researchers
- Biotechnology Professionals
- Business Analysts
Marina Malikova, Ph.D., MSci, MA, C.C.R.A., RAC
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 for pricing.
Note: Due to COVID-19, we understand that most teams cannot currently dial-in together. As such, we are able to offer additional logins at a highly reduced rate. Please contact Barnett Customer Service at +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 to register with your additional participants requiring login credentials. Or email Customer Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 1.5 hours (0.15 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-23-031-L99-P. Released: 2/23.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.