Use of Electronic Health Record Data in Clinical Investigations
The FDA recognizes Electronic Health Records (EHRs) as data originators and in many cases, source documentation, which therefore subjects them to inspection. In its draft guidance for the Use of Electronic Health Record Data in Clinical Trials, the FDA expands upon prior guidance and provides its recommendations on the use of EHRs as source, and also outlines the responsibilities for ensuring quality and integrity of EHR data. As such, EHRs should be able to be obtained from multiple sources, they should be shareable, interoperable, and accessible to authorized parties. This web seminar will address recommendations for the use of EHRs as source data in clinical trials.
- Describe the responsibilities and processes for assessing the validity, reliability, and integrity of EHR source data
- Review the FDA’s intentions to assess the compliance of EHRs with 21 CFR 11
- Evaluate best practices for using EHRs in clinical research
- Describe interoperability in EHR use
- Discuss the impact on recommendations for research conducted outside the U.S.
Who Should Attend
- Clinical Research Associates
- Project Managers
- Principal Investigators
- Clinical Research Coordinators
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- Academic Medical Center and Research Institution Professionals supporting clinical research
- Personnel responsible for ensuring compliance with GCP regulations
Elizabeth Ronk Nelson, M.P.H.
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 for pricing.
Note: Due to COVID-19, we understand that most teams cannot currently dial-in together. As such, we are able to offer additional logins at a highly reduced rate. Please contact Barnett Customer Service at +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 to register with your additional participants requiring login credentials. Or email Customer Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 2 hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-20-054-L01-P. Released: 3/20.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.