This course provides the practical skills needed to construct and negotiate study budgets that appropriately compensate investigative sites for resource needs required as a result of clinical research protocols.
- Analyze protocols to assess resource needs
- Develop study budgets that adequately reimburse sites for their time and effort
- Use various approaches for structuring study budgets
- Identify the options available for developing budgets and tracking study costs
- Identify important aspects when negotiating study budgets
- Clinical Trial Personnel (Clinical Research Coordinators, Investigators) responsible for preparing and implementing study budgets
- Sponsor Representatives in the pharmaceutical industry, Contract Research Organization and Consultant Representatives whose function is to design and/or apply study budgets for sites
Nikki Christison, B.S., C.C.R.A.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Protocol Dissection Techniques: Assessing protocol feasibility; determining resource needs
- Negotiation Considerations: Identifying negotiable items; performance-based contracts; payment schedules
- Developing the Study Budget: Identifying line items; accounting for the site’s time; fee for service, fixed and fixed-unit pricing structures; case study
- Technology to Enhance the Budget Development Process
- Protocol Dissection Techniques: Using spreadsheets; clinical study software programs
- Tracking Payments and Financial Reports: Accounting systems; tracking and managing payments; financial reports
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar cancellation policy
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 7 hours (0.7 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE# 0778-0000-14-005-L01-P. Released: 1/14.
Hold this course at your company!
For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.