This course highlights new changes to medical device regulations and provides an overview to the submission of documents to the FDA for approval of medical device products. Participants gain a better understanding of the medical device approval process and the underlying scientific and regulatory principles involved. Guidelines for each aspect of research are provided, as well as information on the structuring of submissions and post-approval documents. Information on maintaining on-going relationships with the FDA is also discussed. The course enables regulatory affairs professionals to provide the FDA with necessary information and obtain product approval.
- Navigate the FDA medical device approval system
- Prepare contents of a 510(k)
- Prepare contents of an IDE
- Prepare contents of a PMA
- This course is intended for Regulatory, Technical, and Quality Personnel who require an understanding of the medical device approval system. The course also benefits management, legal, and other personnel who must be familiar with the essentials of the medical device approval process system and submission of related documents.
Gary B. Freeman, M.S., C.C.R.A.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction to the FDA: History; law; definitions; overview of FDA; establishment registration; product listing
- 510(K) Process: Substantial equivalence; letter of notification; truthful and accurate statements; cover page; table of contents; checklist for filing; executive summary; intended use; device description; table of comparison; similarities and differences; environmental testing; comparative performance; clinical performance; software; biocompatibility; voluntary standards; sterility; reusable or single use device control; labeling; kit information; 510(K) summary; FDA 510(K) review
Day 2: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Investigational Device Exemption (IDE): Significant risk versus nonsignificant risk; prior investigations; investigational plan; methods, facilities, and controls; investigator agreement; IRB; institutions; sale of device; environmental assessment; labeling; informed consent; others; GCP; FDA actions on applications
- Premarket Approval (PMA): Applicant; table of contents; summary; device description; standards; non-clinical studies; clinical studies; one investigator; bibliography; samples; labeling; environmental assessment; other; PMA amendments; PMA supplements; FDA action on PMA; post-approval requirements
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar cancellation policy
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE# 0778-0000-16-034-L01-P. Released: 9/16.
Hold this course at your company!
For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.