This course provides an excellent introduction to and review of medical terminology for newcomers and seasoned professionals responsible for reviewing clinical charts, reviewing CRFs, and entering CRF data. Participants will receive a comprehensive overview and body system approach to understanding the root of medical terms, normal body system functions, and abnormal and disease states. Students will investigate the structure of medical terms, and analyze spoken and written health care communication.
- Identify word roots
- Identify and define prefixes and suffixes in the construction of medical terms
- Identify and use medical terms correctly
- Identify and define normal body system functions
- Identify and define medical terms for body systems and disease conditions
- Interpret the meanings of spoken and written communication
- Identify medical conditions and terms
- Clinical Trial Personnel: Monitors, Managers, Support Staff, Data Entry, and Study Coordinators responsible for: 1) documenting, collecting, and reviewing medical history and adverse events occurring in clinical trials of new and marketed products.
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Nikki Christison, B.S., C.C.R.A.
Lily Romero, P.A., C.C.R.C.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Day 1: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Overview of medical terminology from a body system approach
- Identify the medical terms and body systems you know
- Break down medical terms into the elements: prefix, suffix, and root words
- Identify and define basic prefixes and suffixes to define the medical term
Day 2: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Continue the discussion of body systems
- Combining forms: Learn to take a root word and a prefix or suffix with a combining vowel to form a medical term
- Review of patient assessments to identify any adverse events and serious adverse events
- Flash cards
- Patient History
- Patient Assessments
- Interactive CD
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Click here for our seminar cancellation policy
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test and program evaluation. Barnett International will mail ACPE statements within three weeks of program completion. ACPE# 0778-0000-14-007-L01-P. Released 4/14.
Hold this course at your company!
For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at (215) 413-2471.