30-Hour Clinical Project Management Fundamentals Certification Program
Resume support is available as an add-on option! Click here for more details.
Theoretical concepts from the Project Management Institute, PMBOK® are introduced in this comprehensive introductory project management course for the clinical research professional working in the pharmaceutical, medical device, biologics and biotech industries. Whether you are looking to become a clinical research project manager, are already in an entry-level project manager role, or a project manager without formal project training, this hands-on program will provide you with project management skills as well as the necessary tools and processes required to successfully manage projects in clinical research settings. The course includes an emphasis on the need to anticipate, understand, and implement detailed project management activities in a proactive manner. Case studies, discussions, and interactive exercises are used to aid the learner in the application of clinical project management concepts and principles.
The resources required to take this on-line course are already at your fingertips - an Internet connection and a phone. After registering, you will receive an email confirmation that provides you with the Web Seminar link and audio connection information.
Prior to the start of the course, participants will receive Module 1 materials. Course materials for subsequent modules will be sent weekly prior to class. Come to class prepared to interact – you will be able to ask questions, provide feedback and participate in discussions and group work. Upon course completion, participants will be provided training certificates. In order to receive accreditation CEUs, participants are required to pass both a mid-term and final exam. Upon completion of the exams, CEU certificates will be provided.
- Describe project management as it applies to clinical research and in the management of clinical trials
- Identify how project managers develop high performance project teams
- Develop a project plan and work breakdown structure for identified aspects of a clinical trial
- Apply the essentials of project management in clinical research settings
- Describe the fundamentals of process maps, flow charts and other project management tools
- Apply time management principles and properly scope a project
- Identify clinical trial project budgeting and tracking techniques
- Define project risk management, processes, planning, identification, and controlling
- Utilize appropriate communication skills and effectively motivate team members
- Apply strategies for seamless project close out and continuous improvement
- Module 1: Clinical Project Management Essentials
- Module 2: Project Planning Fundamentals
- Module 3: Process Mapping as a Planning and Management Tool
- Module 4: Project Management Technical Knowledge
- Module 5: Project Schedule Management
- Module 6: Management of Project Budgets
- Module 7: Project Tracking
- Module 8: Ongoing Project Management Needs
- Module 9: Communication and Team Building
- Module 10: Closing the Project and the Trial
Who Should Attend
- Aspiring and Entry-Level Project Managers and Clinical Trial Managers
- Project Managers looking to gain experience in clinical research project management
- Project Leaders that are unfamiliar with project management tools and principles
- Clinical Research Members and Leaders at investigative sites seeking project management skills to aid in the execution of clinical research projects within their organization
- Clinical Research Professionals transitioning to project management roles/functions
NOTE: This course is for individual registrants only and does not allow for group training.
What participants say about Barnett's 10-Week courses ...
“Great course! Instruction is expertly led and engaging. I will recommend Barnett to any colleague and will seek out topics for my own future training and professional development needs.”
"The course has been so incredibly helpful thus far...I look forward to Thursday evenings!"
“This class exceeded my expectations of an online learning experience. The instructor was knowledgeable, came equipped with great examples to keep the class interesting and is a strong presenter. Thank you!”
Marla Hoelle, BSN, RN, CCRA, ACRP-PM, PMP
10 weeks for 3 hours each week.
$1,795 by Early Bird Deadline
$1,995 after Early Bird Deadline
This course is for individual registrants only and does not allow for group training.
All participants are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 30 hours (3.0 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a mid-term exam, final exam, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-20-023-L01-P. Released: 1/20.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.