Purchase the recording of a web seminar you have attended in the past and SAVE 50%! Contact Barnett Customer Service for details: +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. at 800.856.2556.
Web Seminar Archives are available in either USB Flash Drive or DVD Format.
Archives are also available in SCORM format for LMS integration. Please contact Barnett at (215) 413-2471 for more details and pricing on SCORM files.
Bulk Archive access is available via Barnett’s Training Subscription. Click here to learn more.
Archive: Improving Readability of SOPs and Other Procedural Documents
No one really likes reading SOPs. Whether this is a true “necessary evil” or not, this, in itself, makes it important that the associated pain is minimized. More often than not, the contents of the SOPs are simply “tossed” into a document with little ado. Such an approach perpetuates a vicious circle: First, the user, not being able to fully comprehend what they are reading, simply stops reading; then, authors, knowing the document won’t be read, don’t put effort into writing it. The by-product of these events is that compliance suffers. Fortunately, there is a way to break out of this circle: (1) develop documents that SOP users can understand; and (2) present the contents in an easy to view way. Regardless of the content, the better its presentation, the more likely the document is to be read and used. In this web seminar, we will touch upon the approaches to creating more usable SOPs through:
- Improving their readability, including the use of words and expressions that help avoid noncompliance without compromising the contents.
- Presentation of the contents (through layout, formatting, and templates).
We will also consider how to maintain the usability of globally applicable documents across all geographic regions.
- Review approaches to translating the process into readable and usable text, while minimizing regulatory compliance risk
- Implement templates as a tool in improving quality of procedural documents
- Discuss the impact of documents’ global applicability on their readability
Who Should Attend
- SOP Authors/Reviewers
- Quality Assurance Auditors and other Quality Management Professionals
- Clinical Research Associates
- Site Managers
- Line Function Heads
- Project Managers
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.