10-Hour Clinical Research Manager Skills Development Series
Barnett International developed this five-module, 10-hour series for clinical research managers seeking to enhance their management and leadership skills to successfully support clinical research professionals and projects. This course will sharpen your management skills by focusing on the various soft-skill topic areas effective leaders and managers must master. Topics include: Management versus leadership, communication, delegation, conflict resolution, and performance management. Tools and techniques for successful remote management as well as Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) are also discussed. Each module will include core content followed by interactive exercises and case studies to reinforce practical application and learning.
The resources required to take this on-line course are already at your fingertips - an Internet connection and a phone. After registering, you will receive an email confirmation that provides you with the Web Seminar link and audio connection information.
Prior to the start of the course, participants will receive Module 1 materials. Course materials for subsequent modules will be sent weekly prior to class. Come to class prepared to interact – you will be able to ask questions, provide feedback and participate in discussions and group work. Upon course completion, participants will be provided training certificates. In order to receive accreditation CEUs, participants are required to pass both a mid-term and final exam. Upon completion of the exams, CEU certificates will be provided.
- Describe effective leadership skills required to lead a team
- Demonstrate effective communication and listening skills required
- Define communication barriers and obstacles
- Apply effective delegation skills
- Describe the objective of performance management
- Develop coaching skills to improve performance
- Recognize effective usage of coaching and praise
- Develop a more engaged team that contributes to quality performance
- Describe methods for managing clinical research projects more effectively
- Identify challenges and tools for leading cross-culturally
- Discuss tools and techniques for successful remote management
- Apply RCA and practical applications of CAPAs to everyday research activities for problem solving
- Module 1: Introduction to Management: Defining Effective Leadership of Teams, Challenges New Managers and Leaders Encounter in their Role, Team Development
- Module 2: Communication: Effective Communication and Listening Skills, Barriers and Obstacles in Communication, Effective Delegation, and Conflict Resolution
- Module 3: Performance Management, Appraisal Management and Coaching
- Module 4: Building Effective Teams: Expectation Setting, Key Performance Indicators and Motivation
- Module 5: Change Management and Problem Solving: Managing Teams Through Changing Environments, Cross-Cultural Considerations and Remote Management
Who Should Attend
- Clinical Research Professionals with Direct Reports: Clinical Research Managers at Investigative Sites, Clinical Research Associates Managing CRAs, and Clinical Project Managers
- Newly promoted Clinical Research Managers
- Experienced Clinical Research Professionals interested in becoming Team Leaders and Managers
- Technically Trained Staff with little or no management experience seeking leadership and management skills
NOTE: This course is for individual registrants only and does not allow for group training.
What participants say about Barnett's 10-Week courses ...
“Great course! Instruction is expertly led and engaging. I will recommend Barnett to any colleague and will seek out topics for my own future training and professional development needs.”
"The course has been so incredibly helpful thus far...I look forward to Thursday evenings!"
“This class exceeded my expectations of an online learning experience. The instructor was knowledgeable, came equipped with great examples to keep the class interesting and is a strong presenter. Thank you!”
Nikki Christison, B.S., C.C.R.A., T.I.A.C.R.
2 hours/week for 5 weeks.
$1,595 by Early Bird Deadline
$1,795 after Early Bird Deadline
This course is for individual registrants only and does not allow for group training.
All participants are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 10 hours (1.0 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a mid-term exam, final exam, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-20-096-L04-P. Released: 9/20.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.