Introduction to Clinical Research
Have you ever wondered what clinical trials are and how they are conducted? This web seminar is designed to answer those basic questions. We will look at how drugs progress from discovery to testing in humans, and learn what it takes to obtain approval to treat a disease or condition. We will discuss the similarities and differences between drug and medical device development. Finally, we will review how Good Clinical Practice (GCP) is applied to clinical trials around the world and how it is designed to protect clinical trial participants and ensure that the information obtained during a clinical trial is accurate and reliable.
- Describe the different phases of drug development
- Differentiate between drug development and medical device development
- Discuss the historical events and importance of GCP throughout the world in clinical research
Who Should Attend
- Aspiring Clinical Research Associates and Clinical Research Coordinators
- Clinical Research Associates and Clinical Research Coordinators with less than six months experience
- College Students and New Graduates in a Scientific Field
- Individuals considering participating in a clinical trial or know of someone who is considering participating in a clinical trial
Lily Romero, P.A., C.C.R.C.
Click here for complete trainer biographies
Includes up to 20 participants at one site. All participants (up to 20) are eligible for “Certificates of Attendance,” and accreditation, provided that accreditation requirements are met. For groups larger than 20 or for additional sites, please call +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 for pricing.
Note: Due to COVID-19, we understand that most teams cannot currently dial-in together. As such, we are able to offer additional logins at a highly reduced rate. Please contact Barnett Customer Service at +1 781.972.5400 or toll-free in the U.S. 800.856.2556 to register with your additional participants requiring login credentials. Or email Customer Service at: email@example.com
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 1.5 hours (0.15 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-20-076-L04-P. Released: 8/20.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.