Barnett International's Core Curriculum courses are comprehensive role-based training programs designed to provide participants with hands-on training in a dynamic setting. Held four times a year during Barnett’s “Clinical Research Training Weeks,” courses offer focused, performance-based training and employee development.
Soft Skills Development for Clinical Research Professionals
This course offering will take place live via WebEx from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Eastern each day. Participants will receive an email confirmation that includes the seminar link to enter the meeting room as well as the audio connection information.
In an environment that is ever changing with organizational mergers, role revisions, and an emphasis on risk-based oversight approaches, the need for better communication skills and comfort with change is essential. It is during these times of change that leaders emerge. What are the skills that differentiate a leader? The aim of this course is to present the concept of the Highly Effective Clinical Research Professional as a model for transforming the way you work. In this two day course that is jam-packed with interactive activities, knowledge sharing and practical tips you can start doing right away, you will identify and utilize soft skill techniques which will increase your effectiveness with key stakeholders and advance and develop your skills as Clinical Research Professionals.
This course also includes a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator component, enabling participants to increase their self-awareness and reduce instances where they might take things personally.
- Identify best practices planning strategies and evaluate my priorities
- Utilize active listening techniques to build relationships and increase my effectiveness at work
- Increase self-awareness through discovery of my communication preferences and use that knowledge to increase my interpersonal communication effectiveness
- Utilize conflict management techniques
- Identify professional behaviors and explain why they are considered “professional”
- Describe the mindset and behaviors of professionals who demonstrate accountability
- Describe the Positive Change Curve
- Identify the 4 People Needs of change management
- Identify why a clinical research team may not be collaborating and employ techniques to foster collaboration and alignment
Who Should Attend
- Study Coordinators
- Site Managers
- Project Managers
- General Managers
- Project and Department Leads
- Clinical Research Associates
- Regulatory Managers
- Clinical Trial Assistants
The course will be led by one of the following instructors:
Holly J. Deiaco-Smith, MS
Day One: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction: The Imperative for Soft Skills
- Module 1: Great Planner
- Your True North
- Being Deliberate Prioritization
- Time Management
- Proactive Language
- Module 2: Great Communicator
- Active Listening – a Leader’s Most Powerful Tool
- Increasing Self-Awareness
- Addressing Conflict
Day Two: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Day 1 Refresher
- Module 3: Great Professional
- Pride & Professionalism
- Module 4: Great Leader
- Accountability – Mindset & Behaviors
- Change Management
- Team Development
- Your True North
- Proactive or Reactive?
- A Day in Your Life as a Clinical Research Professional
- What’s Going On?
- MBTI Refresh
- Increasing Awareness of Communication Preferences
- Sticky Situations
- Accountable Behavior? You be the Judge.
- Professional Behavior? You be the Judge.
Registration fees include assorted breakfast items that will be available each day ½ hour prior to the start of the seminar. Also included is a Networking Lunch that will be served each training day.
Special rates are available for multiple attendees from the same organization. Contact Melissa Dolen at 781-972-5418 to discuss your options and take advantage of the savings.
Barnett International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants will receive 15 hours (1.5 CEUs) of continuing education credit for full participation, including the completion of a pre-test, post-test, and program evaluation. Barnett International will issue a receipt of completion for earned CEUs within three weeks of program completion. ACPE#: 0778-0000-20-016-L01-P. Released: 2/20.
Hold this course at your company! For more information, contact Naila Ganatra at +1 215.413.2471.